I wouldn't recommended quitting your job, breaking up with your significant other, and moving at the same time. In fact, it's kind of the worst. But the good news is: I can handle it! There's no failure, only new possibilities. I'm a recovering perfectionist, so sometimes I hold myself to expectations I would never force on any other human. I make mistakes and I'm not the best at everything (phew, that was harder to write than my logic knows it should be).
I've had some very smart friends and family tell me it's ok to indulge. It's ok to enjoy this time called unemployment. I think it should be renamed "unhindered self-care" time, because work isn't my identity. Whether or not I have a job (home, or boyfriend), I'm still valuable. It's ok to enjoy sleeping in until 9 or 10 on a weekday. Gasp! All my routines are out the window and it's time to build new ones. It's fun to realize I can do whatever I want! And as much as I want to eat ice cream for breakfast everyday, what I really want is to be stronger, more creative, and more adventurous. This is another chapter in learning to be my own best friend.
Oh and I drove down to LA last weekend instead of Coachella with the cool kids (although I saw enough painted cars on my way home to feel a sense of camaraderie). I still had plenty of fun plus I got to take multiple showers. I'll confess I experienced some Coachella withdrawals though. You win some, you lose some, but I think I mostly won.
<3 Taylor




Beautifully written, Taylor...and yes, you ARE a strong, intelligent, very lovely child of God who has so much to give and share. This is a gift of time to regroup and reconsider and redesign and refocus. I am excited to see where you will be this time next year!
ReplyDeleteLove you Taylor! For an adventure, come visit me this summer! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you both! An adventure in Idaho sounds fun! :)
ReplyDelete