Hello, Delhi // 3.1.15

Home sweet home - 2nd bed on the left
Honking. As I left the airport. Honking. As I walked up to my new place of residence. Honking. As I desperately tried to make up for all the sleep I lacked on the airplane. The sudden downpour of rain not even offering a break from the incessant noise. How quiet SF will seem after 8 weeks of car lullabies. Delhi's welcome was a little rough. I arrived to no baggage, swollen ankles, a late driver, and dorm style living. The homestay I expected no longer a reality. But as I talked to other volunteers and walked the streets of the market outside my doorstep, my soul found peace, especially as I noticed similarities to my experiences in Nepal. A gentle reminder I didn't come here to be comfortable. I came here to give and be challenged.

View from my window
Rainy Day Flooding
Timing can seem like the enemy, but never stop trusting in your perfect timing. Either you'll see it a mile away or it slaps you in the face. But never give up hope. Never settle. This trip is one example of God's perfect timing manifested in my life. No matter the frustrations I face or number of unmet expectations, there's much to learn and I control my attitude. The key is staying open and positive. Finding home in the foreign.

Tomorrow: orientation. Let's see what I really got myself into. ;)

<3 Taylor

A few photos I snapped during my stop over in London on the most beautiful day I could ask for - London charms me like no other city:

Prince Albert Monument
Hyde Park





Saatchi Gallery: Happy I made it to this Pop Art exhibition! I love that London offers free admission to so many of their museums and galleries. 






Jeff Koons

Keith Harring

Portobello Road


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photographs! I look forward to more blogging of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the photos! The statement that stood out to me was "Finding home in the foreign". That's a hard lesson. Sometimes our "foreign" isn't a foreign country, but a foreign schedule, a foreign work place, a foreign person, a foreign emotion, a foreign stage of life. Looking forward to updates on your adventures and praying that this experience will be a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete